Howie Hawkins is a retired Teamster in Syracuse who has been active in movements for civil rights, peace, labor, and the environment since the late 1960s.
Gloria Mattera is a public hospital worker in New York City who has been active in the universal public health care, anti-war, and environmental movements.
The Greens are the only progressive option.
The Democrat, Kathy Hochul, is a center-right corporate candidate in the mold of disgraced Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who appointed her Lt. Governor.
The Republican, Lee Zeldin, is a far-right extremist who promotes the Big Lie that Trump won the 2020 presidential election.
Only the Democratic and Republican candidates are on the ballot.
The Greens are suing for ballot status in a case now pending before the 2nd Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals.
- 100% Clean Energy & Zero Emissions in 10 Years
- Public Power Utilities to build 100% clean energy
- Public Banks & Tax the Rich to fund Green New Deal
- End Poverty with a Guaranteed Minimum Income
- Universal Public Health Care – NY Health Act
- Universal Public Child Care
- Tuition-Free Public College
- Affordable Housing – Repair & Expand Public Housing
- Fair Ballot Access
- Ranked-Choice Voting for statewide offices
- Proportional Representation in state legislature